Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Update on "Wesley Winter Book #3"

Just thought I'd take a minute to give an update on my progress with Book #3 of my Wesley Winter series, tentatively titled "Sins of the Fathers." If you've read the other two books in the series, "Dead of Winter" (2015) and "Valley of the Shadow" (2016), then you probably know that this book has been a long time coming...and still isn't done yet.

Time constraints have been a challenge, but so has finding the right balance. I want to tie up all the loose ends of the first two books in a satisfactory manner, but I also want to leave the door open for the possibility of more stories in the future. If you compared books to TV shows, I guess you could say I'm going for a "season finale" feel as opposed to a "series finale."

As it stands right now, as of 6/3/2020...I am roughly 120 pages/32,000 words into "Sins of the Fathers." Assuming the length of the finished product would be comparable to the first two books, that puts me somewhere between a little over one-third of the way done, but not quite to the halfway mark. In comparison to where I am in terms of what I have planned, that sounds about right.

I'll post updates periodically--it will definitely help keep me motivated! Thank you for your continued support!


No comments:

Post a Comment