My short story "The Champion of Pecullar" is being featured as this week's Thriller Thursday story on gohavok.com. The monthly theme is "Vice and Virtue," so I decided to tackle laziness vs. diligence for this story. Here's an excerpt, courtesy of Havok's fb page:
#
“See?” Joler exclaimed, waking me up. “I beg Crobet to train with me every day, but he just sits there!”
“Why haven’t you been training?” Turgess snapped. “You’re getting flabby!”
I shrugged, regretting giving them the access code to the underground command center. “When was the last threat? Three years ago, maybe four?”
“So?” The wiry old man kicked my couch. “You’re the Champion of Pecullar! You have to be prepared at all times! If word gets out that you’ve gotten soft and lazy, we’re doomed!”
“You called me a phenom, remember? Nobody’s faster or stronger than me!” I rolled over, trying to go back to sleep.
“That’s no substitute for staying sharp!”
#
Want to know what happens next? Check it out at the link below, and let me know what you think! Thanks in advance for your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment